CTA Wilson Transfer Station
Nearly four years in the making, the reconstruction of the Wilson Transfer Station on the North Branch of the CTA Red Line was one of Meade’s largest construction projects in recent years and required that we frequently work in the public way with minimal impact to commuter traffic.
The multi-faceted project included:
- Rehabilitation of a historic building
- Renewal of station-area transit tracks
- Reconstruction of platform and elevated track structure
- Construction of a new, fully accessible station entrance
- Construction of auxiliary station entrance
- Construction of concrete retaining walls
As a fully rebuilt transfer station, commuters could now easily transfer from Purple line to Red line trains at Wilson.
Meade was responsible for furnishing and installing Electrical (Division 26), Communications (Division 27), Electronic safety and security (Division 28), Traction power (Division 36), and Train control (Division 37).